Thursday, December 13, 2012

Be Free, Be Yourself!

CLOTHES! CLOTHES! CLOTHES! goodness, clothes are so FUN because they let you express yourself. freedom to show who you are and let yourself be free! the society we live in here in the USA is, I'd say, pretty excepting of different people, clothes, ideas, ideologies.... of course this is to an extent.  but here we can usually dress how we want and be okay with it because that's what makes us, us.

I met a couple of people from the UK when they cam to visit and they told me that they've never seen some of the fashions we have in the US. Maybe they have, but the different styles are rarely seen on people there. People with different styles such as punk, goth, skater, vintage, etc.. are seen as "weird" and kind of ignored or criticized because they dont fit the scene. The girls told me they dress to impress their friends or other girls at SCHOOL (so idk if this applies to more of UKs Societal atmosphere)... not because they want to dress that way but because thats the status quo. She said everyone looks the same. I was so surprised because I never heard that from someone before. Of course you want to look good and fit in but be true to yourself! wear what you want and not whats demanded by society ;)

--- This is my take, whats yours? Feel free to comment below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment